Terms & Conditions
All drivers must have held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of 2 years.
All drivers must be aged between 25-75 years.
Drivers require a full clean driving licence. If you have any convictions on your licence, please contact us and we will provide an additional quote
The rental vehicle shall not be driven by:
- Persons under 25 or over 75 years of age unless otherwise agreed by Sugoi Campers and the insurer.
- Persons who have not held a full valid UK or EU driving licence for 2 years.
- Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
- Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims history and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any motor insurer.
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one fault accident during the past 5 years.
- Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for two years or more.
- Persons who are not listed on the hire agreement as a named driver.
Should the hirer or any driver fail to present all correct documentation and identification or otherwise fail to meet the driver requirements stated in these terms and conditions, then they will be unable to drive the vehicle until such documents are presented. Where the hirer is the sole driver then Sugoi Campers will be unable to release the vehicle and will consider this as a cancellation.
The hirer accepts responsibility for ensuring that the vehicle is only driven by persons authorised by us, and who have completed and signed the hire agreement. If this requirement is not met, the hirer will be in breach of these terms and conditions, and responsible for the total costs of any damage, including that of any third party.
Details of any additional drivers are required in advance of the hire period. All drivers must be present on the hire start day.
The hire vehicle
The hirer agrees that during the hire period, the vehicle will only be used for the purposes for which it was designed, and it will be operated in a proper manner in accordance with any instructions provided by Sugoi Campers. The vehicle will be kept in good condition and repair, and all such reasonable steps will be taken as necessary to ensure that the vehicle is kept safe.
The hirer agrees that during the hire period, they will not allow the vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent, and safe manner.
- Driven in a manner that would violate UK road traffic Codes of Practice and Laws.
- Driven if the hirer is aware of a fault with the vehicle.
- Driven in a prohibited area.
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
- Driven off the road on an unsafe surface.
- Used in a manner which could cause damage.
- Used in a manner that would breach any laws or regulations for using the vehicle.
- Used for any illegal purpose or for any race, rally or contest.
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the vehicle manual or on the vehicle or specified in the hire agreement.
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material other than gas bottles stored in the vehicle’s designated compartment and suitably secured; or otherwise used in breach of the hirer’s obligations under these terms and conditions.
- Left unlocked whilst the vehicle is unoccupied.
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied.
- Left unoccupied with contents or valuables in plain view.
- Moved without written consent, out of the permitted counties on the UK mainland.
Or damaged by:
- Submersion in water
- Contact with salt water
The hirer is liable for all legal penalties and costs (for example: parking tickets, speeding fines, other fines, penalties, or fees) which are incurred during the period of hire.
The hirer acknowledges that the comprehensive vehicle insurance does not offer medical cover for our hirers or passengers, or loss or damage to any personal possessions.
Where required, appropriate child seats should be used, it is the responsibility of the hirer to provide and fit these themselves.
The hirer will take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including oil checks, water and batteries.
The hirer is liable for any costs associated with operator error (for example: the incorrect selection of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), or keys being locked in the vehicle). These examples are not exhaustive; any unlawful or dangerous conduct whilst driving or using the vehicle will be viewed as a breach of these terms and conditions.
Change of vehicle
Where, due to circumstances beyond our control, such as a vehicle being returned late, or with damage, we reserve the right to substitute to a comparable or superior vehicle (where possible), at no extra hire cost. Substitution will not entitle the hirer to any refund and will not constitute a breach of the terms and conditions. Alternatively, the hirer may be offered a full refund. There will be no compensation available for any additional arrangements pre-booked by the hirer.
In the event of a breakdown rendering the vehicle immobile, the hirer must contact us in the first instance. We will then instruct our nominated breakdown service to arrange for recovery to a local (approved) repair shop. If maintenance or service parts are required, the hirer should contact us for authorisation. If mechanical failure occurs rendering the vehicle unusable during the hire period, we will compensate the hirer for the number of full hire-days lost.
In the event of theft or an accident, the hirer will notify Sugoi Campers as soon as is practicable and wait for a response before leaving the scene. The hirer should obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the local police. The hirer and all drivers agree to assist us and our representatives in handling any claim arising from any accident, incident or event occurring during the rental period, including but not limited to the completion of report forms and witness statements, interview by our representatives or agents, and attending court to provide evidence.
Alterations to the vehicle
The hirer shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Sugoi Campers. Title and property in all substitutions, replacements or additions made to the vehicle shall vest in Sugoi Campers immediately upon installation.
Title to the vehicle
The hirer acknowledges that we continue to hold title to the vehicle and that they act as bailee only. The hirer acknowledges that no part of this agreement provides them with a right of any kind to pledge our credit or cooperation in connection with the vehicle, and they agree not to do so.
The hirer will not offer or attempt to offer to sell, lend, hire, or assign any part of the vehicle and/or its accessories to any party of any kind, or otherwise deal with the vehicle and/or its accessories in any way other than that allowed by these terms and conditions.
All Sugoi vehicles are non-smoking. We reserve the right to impose additional valeting and/or upholstery cleaning fees if evidence of smoking is detected in any vehicle.
We allow customers to travel with a maximum of two well-behaved pets for an additional charge of £25.00.
When travelling with pets the hirer agrees that:
- They will take reasonable measures to keep the pets under control during the hire period.
- They will not allow the pets on any of the soft furnishings or upholstery.
- Their pets will not be left in the vehicle unattended at any time.
- They have the sole responsibility for ensuring adequate safe restraint of the pets whilst driving.
- They will keep the vehicle free of fouling by the pets for the duration of the hire period.
- They will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the pets are free of fleas or mites in advance of the hire period.
- The vehicle should be returned in a clean and tidy condition. In the event of the vehicle being returned with evidence of fouling or an infestation, the hirer agrees to pay the reasonable cost of professional cleaning and/or de-infestation.
Booking and payments
The hirer agrees to pay a booking deposit totalling 25% of the full hire amount at point of booking. Upon receipt of the booking deposit, these terms and conditions shall apply, to the exclusion of any other terms that the hirer seeks to impose or incorporate.
If the booking date is within 30 days of the hire commencement date, the full balance will be due.
The hirer agrees to settle the full hire balance (less the booking deposit) not less than 30 days before the hire commencement date. Sugoi Campers reserve the right to cancel the booking if this timescale is not met and will consider this as a cancellation.
We will require driving licence details for the hirer and all drivers for insurance purposes, not less than 14 days before the hire commencement date.
Proof of address and ID (for all drivers)
We will require proof of address details, copies of driving licences, and photo ID’s for the hirer and all drivers not less than 14 days before the hire commencement date.
Photocard driving licences for all named drivers (address and ID must be up to date).
Two forms of proof of address* for all named drivers (address must match driver’s licences).
Note: Any driver with a paper style driving licence will also need to provide an additional form of photo ID (for example, a UK or International passport)
*Proof of address criteria: (Dated within 90 days of the hire date and must be originals, not copies):
One utility bill/statement (Gas, Electric, Water etc.).
Plus any one of the following:
- Council tax bill/statement.
- TV bill/statement (Including Sky/Virgin/BT).
- Internet bill/statement.
- Landline telephone bill/statement.
- HMRC documentation.
- Credit card bill/statement.
- Mortgage statement.
- Bank statement.
- Vehicle collection
We will contact the hirer in advance to confirm the collection time slot, which will be between the hours of 2pm and 4pm.
The hirer agrees to pay a security deposit (insurance excess) of £750.00 on the day of hire. The security deposit will be returned to the hirer in full within 5 days of the hire completion date, provided the vehicle is returned on time, undamaged, fully fuelled, with a complete inventory and with a satisfactorily clean interior and equipment. Deductions (from the security deposit) will be made honestly and fairly for repairing any damage to the vehicle and associated equipment that has occurred within the duration of the hire period, irrespective of which party is at fault.
Our fuel policy is for the vehicle to leave us with a full tank and return with a full tank. If the vehicle is not returned full, a charge of £2.00 per litre will be deducted from the security deposit.
The hirer acknowledges that there will be a 24-hour cooling off period on return of the vehicle allowing us to complete a thorough inspection inside and out, having washed and removed all dirt and debris to allow for such inspection. We will notify the hirer of any damage found to the vehicle or associated equipment within this 24-hour period by photo and email. Costs for damage will be deducted from the security deposit accordingly.
The resolution of damage issues can be time consuming; we reserve the right to charge an appropriate administration fee in addition to any repair costs.
The hirer is responsible for any damage to the vehicle glass and tyres (over and above normal wear and tear), the cost of repair or replacement will be deducted from the security deposit.
We will confirm the campervan return time slot at time of collection, which will be between the hours of 10am and Midday.
The hirer must inform Sugoi Campers of potential late return of vehicle, as soon as is practicable. An additional charge of £50 per hour, or part thereof, will be made for all late returns. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured.
If the booking is cancelled outside 30 days of the hire commencement date, the booking deposit will be retained by Sugoi Campers, but we will refund any other payments. If the booking is cancelled within 30 days of the hire commencement date, there is no refund.
In the event of Government restrictions (such as a local or National lockdown) where overnight stays away from your primary residence are not permitted, we will offer an opportunity to transfer your hire booking to a later date.
Release and indemnity
Subject to our obligation to deliver the vehicle, an appropriate substitute vehicle, or full refund to you (the hirer), you release us, our employees, servants and/or agents, from any liability to you (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by you or a third party by reason of your use and/or possession of the vehicle, including but not limited to:
Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident, or the vehicle being discovered unsuitable for your purposes.
Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle, or on any part of our premises, or recovered or handled by us.
Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with us, you hereby agree to indemnify us and continue to indemnify us, our employees, and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by you or by a third party by reason of your use and/or possession of the vehicle.
Terminating the hire agreement
The hirer acknowledges that Sugoi Campers may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notice.
Reasons may include, but are not limited to the following:
- The hirer, or any driver is found to be in breach of any part of the terms and conditions.
- The hirer, or any driver has misrepresented or mis-stated facts for the purpose of hiring the vehicle.
- The vehicle is not returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time, or we have reasonable grounds to believe that it will not be returned to the agreed location on the agreed date and time.
- If there are reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle is being used in an unsafe or dangerous manner.
- The hirer acknowledges that in the event of hire agreement termination, they will not be entitled to any form of refund with respect to hire charges or security deposit.
The hire agreement will, in all instances be governed by English law, and the agreement, including these terms and conditions, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. No additional oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement can supersede the terms of this agreement without the prior written consent of the parties.
Any changes to the hire agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Sugoi Campers, and by the hirer. We reserve the right to add or amend any charges referred to in the agreement without prior notice.
Glossary of terms
‘Sugoi Campers’ – Registered in England Company No. 12852020 – Operating & Registered address: 282 West Street, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 0HT.
‘Hire agreement’ – Refers to the hire agreement signed by the hirer, additional drivers, and Sugoi Campers at the time of collection, which shall be subject (in full) to these hire terms and conditions.
Hirer/You/They’ – Refers to the hirer (Main driver) of the campervan as recorded on the hire agreement, and any additional drivers also recorded on the hire agreement.
‘We/Our/Us – Refers to Sugoi Campers and its employees and agents.
‘Hire’ – Refers to the provision of a vehicle by us in accordance with the terms and conditions and hire agreement.
‘Hire period’ – Refers to the duration of vehicle hire (in nights), as outlined in the specific hire agreement, and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the hirer’s possession or control.
‘Vehicle’ – Refers to the campervan provided by us in accordance with the terms and conditions and hire agreement, and any replacement vehicle supplied by us, or a third-party acting on our behalf.
‘Charges’ – Refers to any, and all charges levied by us in respect of the hire of the campervan in accordance with the terms and conditions: Mandatory, elective and/or refundable; to include deposits, daily rates, additional extras, and penalty charges.
‘Accessories and equipment’ – Refers to any supplemental and/or additional item provided by us as part of the hire of the campervan according to the terms and conditions, that nonetheless does not form part of the campervan itself.
‘Damage’ – Refers to any loss or defect to the campervan or equipment whilst in the hirer’s care (whether cosmetic, electrical, or mechanical) that results in a change of state (no longer in the same condition as at the hire commencement date), over and above normal wear.